Staff Development Philosophy at Wednesbury Oak Academy
At Wednesbury Oak Academy not only do we recognise the importance of developing our children so that they can fulfil their potential; we have the same aim for our staff. Identifying and nurturing staff talents is exceptionally important to our Principal and Trustees and we have an enviable record for developing staff at all levels of their career and in all roles across the Academy.
Promotions are regularly achieved both within and external to the Academy which makes Wednesbury Oak a vibrant and exciting place to work with fantastic development opportunities for staff.
We are fortunate enough to receive quality applications for our advertised vacancies and we regularly recruit NQTs to train as future leaders. We effectively utilise TLR3 payments to provide our less experienced staff and support staff with their first leadership opportunities.
Recent External Promotions
In recent years the Academy has helped to develop 2 Headteachers, 1 Deputy Head Teacher, 2 Assistant Head Teachers and a number of Phase Leaders, all of whom have been snapped up by other schools with most achieving success with just one interview!
Recent Internal Promotions
Mrs T Grieh – Assistant Vice Principal to Vice Principal
Mrs J Griffiths – Subject Leader to Assistant Vice Principal
Miss N Patel – NQT to Subject Leader
Mrs S Ward – Teacher to Multiple Subject and Year Group Leader
Mrs N Eaton – HLTA to Teacher
Mrs Steadman – NQT to Subject Leader and Year Group Leader
Mrs A Warburton – Subject Leader to Subject and Year Group Leader
Mr P Croft – HLTA to Teacher
Miss S Laudyr – Teacher to Area & Year Group Leader
Mrs N Wooldridge – Lunchtime Supervisor to Attendance Officer
Mrs B Williams – Lunchtime Principal to Parental Support Advisor
Mrs J Plant – Lunchtime Supervisor to Learning Support Practitioner
Mrs K Finney – Learning Support Assistant to Learning Support Practitioner
Miss S Dean – Learning Support Practitioner to HLTA
Mr A Smith – ICT Technician to Network Manager
Mrs K Rolls-Williams – Learning Support Practitioner to HLTA
Miss R Walls – Learning Support Practitioner to HLTA
Mr S Bull – Lunchtime Supervisor to Site Manager
Mrs D Jukes – Cleaner to Assistant Site Manager
Mrs L Raftery – Cleaner to Assistant Site Manager
We have also trained a number of HLTAs and Learning Support Practitioners, 10 level 2 Forest School Practitioners and 5 Level 3 Practitioners in recent years.
Infact, all staff are provided with access to quality training courses, as appropriate to their roles and their talents.
- Dedicated NQT time, without exception
- Access to Sandwell LAs NQT programme
- Dedicated Tutor
- PPA with partner teacher and support staff
- NQT Programme including coaching from outstanding staff members
- Access to quality CPD with Mr B Thompson, School Consultant
- Access to outstanding staff colleagues
- From Y2 of your career, leadership roles explored and developed for those teachers who require/desire this development
- Regular, dedicated L & M Time provided through the appointment of quality cover staff, employed by the Academy
- Access to leadership courses as required
- Liaison with other quality practitioners across Tipton, an area where all primary education has been judged at least ‘good’.
- Access to quality CDP with Mr B Thompson, School Consultant
- Opportunity to ‘shadow’ effective leaders within school to develop own leadership skills
If you would like to enhance your career prospects by joining our Academy then please view our Vacancy Page to see a list of our current opportunities.
Salary: Group 3 School, ISR 18-24 (£60,755 - £70,370) (negotiable for suitable candidate)
Location: Tipton, West Midlands
Contract type: Full Time
Contract Term: Permanent
Closing Date: 4th June at 12:00 noon
After a challenging period in the Academy’s history the governors are looking for an inspirational leader of exceptional quality to take the Academy forward into a new era of high achievement and success.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience as an effective Head Teacher or Deputy Head Teacher in a primary setting.
- Is collaborative and supportive in their style of leadership/management.
- Is ambitious and optimistic in raising aspirations for the children, wider community and our staff, never afraid to set challenging targets and goals.
- Can demonstrate successful school improvement.
What we can offer you:
- A well led and managed school.
- A committed team of teachers and support staff.
- Happy, well-behaved children who are motivated to learn.
- A unique and creative outdoor learning environment.
This is an opportunity to lead a growing Academy and drive it forward onto the next stage of its journey.
This post requires an enhanced DBS check.