Staff Development Philosophy at Wednesbury Oak Academy
At Wednesbury Oak Academy not only do we recognise the importance of developing our children so that they can fulfil their potential; we have the same aim for our staff. Identifying and nurturing staff talents is exceptionally important to our Principal and Trustees and we have an enviable record for developing staff at all levels of their career and in all roles across the Academy.
Promotions are regularly achieved both within and external to the Academy which makes Wednesbury Oak a vibrant and exciting place to work with fantastic development opportunities for staff.
We are fortunate enough to receive quality applications for our advertised vacancies and we regularly recruit NQTs to train as future leaders. We effectively utilise TLR3 payments to provide our less experienced staff and support staff with their first leadership opportunities.
Recent External Promotions
In recent years the Academy has helped to develop 2 Headteachers, 1 Deputy Head Teacher, 2 Assistant Head Teachers and a number of Phase Leaders, all of whom have been snapped up by other schools with most achieving success with just one interview!
Recent Internal Promotions
Mrs T Grieh – Assistant Vice Principal to Principal
Mrs J Griffiths – Subject Leader to Vice Principal
Miss N Patel – NQT to EYFS Leader
Mrs S Ward – Teacher to Subject and Phase Leader
Mrs N Eaton – HLTA to Teacher
Mrs Steadman – NQT to Subject and Phase Leader
Mr P Croft – HLTA to Teacher
Mrs N Wooldridge – Lunchtime Supervisor to Attendance Officer
Mrs B Slater – Lunchtime Principal to Parental Support Advisor
Mrs J Plant – Lunchtime Supervisor to Learning Support Practitioner
Mrs K Finney – Learning Support Assistant to Learning Support Practitioner
Miss S Dean – Learning Support Practitioner to HLTA
Mr A Smith – ICT Technician to Network Manager
Miss R Walls – Learning Support Practitioner to HLTA
Mrs L Raftery – Cleaner to Assistant Site Manager
We have also trained a number of HLTAs and Learning Support Practitioners, 10 level 2 Forest School Practitioners and 5 Level 3 Practitioners in recent years.
In fact, all staff are provided with access to quality training courses, as appropriate to their roles and their talents.
- Dedicated NQT time, without exception
- Access to Sandwell LA's NQT programme
- Dedicated Tutor
- PPA with partner teacher and support staff
- NQT Programme including coaching from outstanding staff members
- Access to outstanding staff colleagues
- From Y2 of your career, leadership roles explored and developed for those teachers who require/desire this development
- Regular, dedicated L & M Time provided through the appointment of quality cover staff, employed by the Academy
- Access to leadership courses as required
- Liaison with other quality practitioners across Tipton
- Opportunity to ‘shadow’ effective leaders within school to develop own leadership skills
If you would like to enhance your career prospects by joining our Academy then please view our Vacancy Page to see a list of our current opportunities.
Wednesbury Oak Academy
Strategic Business Manager
Full Time Permanent (37 hours per week)
Term Time Plus 2 Weeks Per Annum
Grade G, SCP 32-37 (£34,788 - £39,782 pro rata)
(Pay award pending)
Wednesbury Oak Academy are seeking to appoint a well-qualified and highly dedicated individual to act as Strategic Business Manager to support the Headteacher in ensuring the Academy's effective strategic financial management for the benefit of pupils and all stakeholders.
The successful applicant will:
- become a member of the Strategic Leadership Team that is responsible for the strategic management, continuous professional development and the development of school policies
- act as Chief Financial Officer
- have responsibility for the strategic development of all business, financial, administrative, operational and facilities in relation to the school
- have responsibility for areas and progress of the School Development Plan (SDP)
- be responsible for the effective deployment of some non teaching staff and resources and be responsible for managing the operation and delivery of support services within the school and management of staff, including commissioning and delegation of relevant activities
- have responsibility for GDPR compliance
- further develop and embed corporate working practices and be responsible for managing the planning, development and monitoring of support services
- provide confidential administrative support to the Headteacher and School Leadership Team, as required
- support and advise the Headteacher and Governing Body on all operational areas cited above
- take the strategic lead in the development of the school premises, including the securing of funding through the completion of bids
- take the strategic lead in the development and maintenance of workplace Health & Safety practices
- take the strategic lead in the development of the academy as a community facility support and advise the governing body of all financial matters
The successful applicant will join a friendly, hard-working team of supportive professionals with the community at its heart.
The start date for the post is 12th October 2020.
Application forms are available to download direct from WM jobs, from our website www.woak.co.uk or by email request to: Debbie.firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of completed application forms is: 3rd September, 2020 at 12 noon.
Interviews will be held: week commencing: 7th September 2020.
Wednesbury Oak is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance is therefore required for this role.