Staff Development Philosophy at Wednesbury Oak Academy
At Wednesbury Oak Academy not only do we recognise the importance of developing our children so that they can fulfil their potential; we have the same aim for our staff. Identifying and nurturing staff talents is exceptionally important to our Principal and Trustees and we have an enviable record for developing staff at all levels of their career and in all roles across the Academy.
Promotions are regularly achieved both within and external to the Academy which makes Wednesbury Oak a vibrant and exciting place to work with fantastic development opportunities for staff.
We are fortunate enough to receive quality applications for our advertised vacancies and we regularly recruit NQTs to train as future leaders. We effectively utilise TLR3 payments to provide our less experienced staff and support staff with their first leadership opportunities.
Recent External Promotions
In recent years the Academy has helped to develop 2 Headteachers, 1 Deputy Head Teacher, 2 Assistant Head Teachers and a number of Phase Leaders, all of whom have been snapped up by other schools with most achieving success with just one interview!
Recent Internal Promotions
Mrs T Grieh – Assistant Vice Principal to Principal
Mrs J Griffiths – Subject Leader to Vice Principal
Miss N Patel – NQT to EYFS Leader
Mrs S Ward – Teacher to Subject and Phase Leader
Mrs N Eaton – HLTA to Teacher
Mrs Steadman – NQT to Subject and Phase Leader
Mr P Croft – HLTA to Teacher
Mrs N Wooldridge – Lunchtime Supervisor to Attendance Officer
Mrs B Slater – Lunchtime Principal to Parental Support Advisor
Mrs J Plant – Lunchtime Supervisor to Learning Support Practitioner
Mrs K Finney – Learning Support Assistant to Learning Support Practitioner
Miss S Dean – Learning Support Practitioner to HLTA
Mr A Smith – ICT Technician to Network Manager
Miss R Walls – Learning Support Practitioner to HLTA
Mrs L Raftery – Cleaner to Assistant Site Manager
We have also trained a number of HLTAs and Learning Support Practitioners, 10 level 2 Forest School Practitioners and 5 Level 3 Practitioners in recent years.
In fact, all staff are provided with access to quality training courses, as appropriate to their roles and their talents.
- Dedicated NQT time, without exception
- Access to Sandwell LA's NQT programme
- Dedicated Tutor
- PPA with partner teacher and support staff
- NQT Programme including coaching from outstanding staff members
- Access to outstanding staff colleagues
- From Y2 of your career, leadership roles explored and developed for those teachers who require/desire this development
- Regular, dedicated L & M Time provided through the appointment of quality cover staff, employed by the Academy
- Access to leadership courses as required
- Liaison with other quality practitioners across Tipton
- Opportunity to ‘shadow’ effective leaders within school to develop own leadership skills
If you would like to enhance your career prospects by joining our Academy then please view our Vacancy Page to see a list of our current opportunities.